Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

What an honor!


Well what an honor it is to be part of such an amazing group of modelers.  I have been thinking of doing my own blog for a while now but I was just afraid that keeping it current would be way to much work given my time restraints with family and work.  When Don asked if I would join I jumped at the chance.  I figure a blog with a bunch of modelers would be way more fun and that viewers would not have to rely on me to keep adding new content all the time.  

For those of you that don't know my modeling back ground, here is a brief history. I have always built models, ever since I was about 10 or 12 but back then I would just pull the parts of the spur, and glue the pieces together.  Lets just say they were not pretty but for a 12 year old they were cool.  I hung the poorly made model airplanes from the ceiling in my room and though they were great.  

I had snapped a few Gundams when I was around 15 or so when you could still get them at Walmart here in the states.  I thought they were the greatest.  You could simply snap them together and have a decent looking robot.  This was back in the early 90's.  It was during this tie that I was heavily into RC cars as well as airplanes.  I enjoyed building more than flying or racing though.

Fast forward to 2006, a wife and my 1st child.  For some reason I stumbled on a picture of a gundam model.  I start looking on the web and came across 2 forums the 1st being www.gamerabaenre.com and http://fichtenfoo.com/forum/.  I started looking through all the pictures and all the posts and I was amazed by the work I saw.  I was blown away by the detail on the models.  I spent about 6-8 months just reading and asking questions on the forums.  I bought my 1st few kits and started snapping kits and that then I discovered resin.  The 1st resin kit I bought was the 1/35 RX-78 from G-System.  I though go big or go home.  

After a while I thought I better actually finish something and that's when I painted my Red Sinaju in 2008 and after it was done I was hooked.  I was able to use my previous experience I received from restoring cars and apply that to my models. My 2nd kit to finish would be my very well known 1/100 Kshatriya and I have been going ever since.

So that's a the short version.  

Thank you to DC for including me into this awesome group.

Stay tuned for moret

mvm3897

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...